This was without a doubt the best tasting soup I have ever made, or eaten!
It was SO easy. Roast the veggies, process the veggies, eat the veggies!
It would be a crime not to share the recipe. I used a bit more olive oil when I tossed the veggies,
and I was a fan of the pesto garnish but it would work with a dollop of sour cream too.
Roasted Vegetable Soup.
Prep time - 15 mins
Cooking time - 50 mins
Serves 4 (makes about 12 cups)
1.4kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm cubes
1/2 a cauliflower, cut into florets
2 parsnips, peeled, core removed, cut into 3cm cubes
4 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced
2 baby fennel, trimmed, sliced
1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
1/2 bulb garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to season
6 cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
Basil pesto to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
Put all vegetables in a large bowl , then add oil and toss until combined.
2. Transfer vegetables to prepared trays, then season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 40 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool
for 15 minutes.
3. Squeeze garlic cloves from skins into a small bowl.
4. Transfer half of the vegetables to the large bowl of a food processor
with 1 1/2 cups of the vegetable stock.
5. Puree until mixture is your desired consistency. Transfer to a large saucepan.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 with remaining veggies and another 1 1/2 cups of stock.
6. Add remaining stock and water to pan. Put over a medium heat and bring to a simmer.
7. Ladle soup into bowls, top each with 1 Tbsp of pesto and serve with crusty bread.
The soup went down a treat with my little family. I hope your's enjoy it too!
Lovel Lil xx