Healthy May - Week One Round Up









Well, week one of my healthy May has been and gone....How did I go?


These were my goals for last week:


1.  To exercise 4 to 5 times per week for at least 45 minutes.
2.  To improve my daily eating habits by eating more meat, vegies, fruit and less chocolate pretty much.
3.  To increase my water intake to at least 2 litres a day.


And this is how I went with above goals:


Well, on a brighter note I went pretty well with the water intake.  Between 1.5 to 2 litres a day.  This was gradual as I was only drinking about 4 glasses a day.  I don't drink coke or anything like that.  I'm more of a coffee girl.  But have decreased coffee intake to one real and one instant. (Yay me!)


Food - well food.  It's not that I eat Macca's or most other fast foods.  I have a thing for 2 things in particular.  Chocolate and Carbs.  Mostly potato, pasta and bread.  I think I am officially addicted, like cigarette addicted.  My body can't let go of the craving for the 2 dreaded Cs.  I'll be honest the thought of a big bowl of salad used to be enticing.  Now.....well lets just say not much salad has been consumed. I haven't been eating too badly....but the little tim tam, block of chocolate party that my husband, sister and I had last night probably didn't help :(


Exercise - I went walking with Gus in the pram 3 times last week for about 45 minutes.  I love walking. And I think that I could really enjoy it on a daily basis.  But, I find walking with the pram (like WALKING in the fitness sense) difficult.  You can't set a proper rhythm when you have a bugaboo and a smiley baby in front of you.  So I think I am going to fall upon the kindness of my lil sis who has offered to look after the bug, so I can have a little bit of fitness/mummy time.


Goals for Week 2:


Water Intake: Keep going with the 2 litres a day thing.


Exercise: Go walking 4-5 times a week for 45 minutes.


Food: This is my biggest challenge.  I found a post here that really spoke to me.  It's called the anti-diet which is exactly what I need.  I think that the 80/20 ratio of food (80% healthy, 20% chocolate) is what I want to accomplish for week 2.  The post  also has a great list of what your body is actually craving when you want these bad foods.  So, hopefully it is 80% vegies, fruit, nuts, pulse and lean meat for me :)


I'm excited for week 2!!! How about you? How did you all go?
Excellent I hope!


Love Lil xx

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment